Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Assignment 2

The piece of writing i brought to class is the lyrics to the song Bubbly by Colbie Callait. Maybe i like it so much because the first time i heard it i was at COP, my church camp, which is one of my favorite places ever. i was in the workstaff cabin with an amazing group of girls, and Sheri had it on her ipod. we were all trying to take naps because the week was getting long and we had done a lot of work that day. When this song came on i really really liked it a lot, and the first thing i did when i got home at the end of the week was download that song.
The part i like the best in the song is the chorus which goes: "It starts in my toes and I crinkle my nose, where ever it goes i always know that you make me smile please stay for a while now just take your time where ever you go." This is a really good message because she is basically just saying take time in life to enjoy everything and dont rush or hope for things to go fast. its also a song about love, and i just like it because it's really cute.

Prompt 1: Is there a certain song that you associate with a memory, or a song that when you hear it, it makes you think of a certain person or moment or feeling?
Prompt 2: Do you think that the place you first hear a song has anything to do with the feelings you associate with the song?

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments: