Thursday, November 1, 2007

Assignment 7

1. First quarter, i liked the free writes the most. i dont like when i'm forced to write about a specific thing or in a specific way, so free write is a nice break. i like writing, but i like to do it on my own. Some of the in-class prompts are hard to write about however, because sometimes i just want to write about my life, and what is goin on. But then we get some prompt that really doesn't have a whole lot to do about my life, and i can't relate to it at all..so thats not always fun.
2. My strongest piece of writing is probly my poem about Kelly Phillips. I dont write a lot of poetry, well i can go as far and say i do not like poetry so i never write it, but i that poem really reflected my feelings about her death and it was easy to write about something u feel strongly about.
3. I have learned that i am a very big procrastinator, but when i write about something i care about i am able to get it done a lot quicker and its usually better quality. I do not like a lot of structure in my writing, because i like to write a lot, but i like to use my own creativity and not just follow a structure. That is how my life is, very unstructured-which can be good and bad. i guess it wouldn't hurt me to have a little bit more structure in my life, but writing is not where i need it.
4. I like writing about my memoirs. i've always loved telling stories, and i tend to exaggerate them a bit but only to make them more interesting. Non-fiction is also fun to write about as well. i think my scary short story (the second one) was pretty decent, and that was fun to write. i think it is really easy to be influenced by movies and use other peoples ideas when writing non-fiction though, so that's something to watch out for. But memoirs, that's what i'm looking forward to.

:)

2 comments:

natalie said...

Hey! I agree about the free writes! it really is a good break and just gives you a chance to write what you are truly feeling! I really likes your Kelly poem because it showed a lot of emotion and passion and I believe that's what great writing is about! Keep up the good work!

Digial Thoughts said...

Me too like to write when iam not forced to write the story is more interesting when you write and brainstorm on your own. And yeah i definatly agree with the free writing. I belive your a great poetry writer from the what i seem or read your writing is awsome. keep it up.